Copyright © Susan Connolly. All rights reserved.
Creative problem solver proficient in designing and producing print and electronic media targeted to specific audiences across multiple media platforms. Strong leadership, management and, organizational skills to lead a team to accomplish overall marketing goals within budget. Clear, organized, analytical thinker who thinks ahead and takes action with a sense of urgency and proficiency. Have an excellent foundation of customer service skills and am adept at coordinating schedules and projects internally and externally with vendors.
· 30 years of experience in the communications, marketing, graphic design, print, prepress and web industry.
· Extensive design portfolio, including print, web, photography, and signage.
· Ability to create and execute marketing plans and schedules from start to finish
· Experience with Google AdWords through the management of www.GWCrafts.com.
· Strong project management skills.
· Experience coordinating conferences and events.
· Ability to understand business and organization goals, personal values, and budget and able to translate and
convert that information into a successful final product using in-house and outside vendor resources.
· Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
· Provide a successful product by adhering to and managing a budget.
· Manage resources, employees, vendors, and clients to produce a successful final product.
· Possess excellent customer service skills, conflict resolution skills, and problem-solving skills.
· Coordinate the efforts of a paid staff or volunteers to accomplish a successful event or project.
· Capture and present information in a clear and concise manner before large or small groups.
Skilled using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, Quick Books, MS Word,
Adobe Dreamweaver, MailChimp, ISSUU Publication Digitizing Software, MS Publisher, HTML, Expression Engine Web Editing Software, Word Press. Ability to use Mac or PC versions of all the above software programs.
Bachelor of Fine Art, Graphic Design, U.T. at Austin, 1985
REFERENCES PROVIDED UPON REQUEST
Media Specialist Military Child Education Coalition - Harker Heights August 12, 2011 – Present
Web editor and designerwww.MilitaryChild.org, media production, print design, creative design, signage, and photography.
• Responsible for all website editing; electronic monthly newsletter using MailChimp cloud software; and digitizing
publications in ISSUU cloud software. The print design included numerous publications, brochures, invitations, fliers,
and signage. www.MilitaryChild.org, Military Child eNews.
• Built the online store, shopping cart, for the Military Child Education Coalition using the Big
Commerce vendor. Photographed and placed all product photos shown, store.militarychild.org.
• Coordinated video production and the bi-annual OTM Magazine.
• Significantly decreased the cost of digitizing publications by bringing the production in-house using
ISSUU cloud software.
• Strategic role in annual event (2012-2016 National Training Seminars). Created signage, print materials and all digital
electronic communications and served as lead photographer for all seminars. Posted all web edits before and after
events. Event photographs can be viewed atClick here to view photos
Owner Front Porch Publishing & Design, Inc. Temple, Texas April 1997 – 2011
• Provided print design, illustration, photography, website design and production, trade show design, printing and
production services for companies in Temple, Belton, Killeen, Round Rock and Cypress, Texas. Final products included
books, CD’s, mailers, websites, catalogs, phone directories, brochures, folders, logos, trade show backdrops & graphics,
logo and stationery, illustration, product packaging, advertising (magazine ads, billboards, radio), political material, direct
mail campaigns, signage.
• Hired and managed employees.
Customer Service Representative Wallace Imaging Services Austin, Texas August 1994 - April 1996
• Wrote specific instructions to the production departments for prepress projects from major advertising companies and
some industrial companies in Austin, including; Sicola Martin, Fellers & Co., Kamstra Communications, Fuller Dyal and
• Pre-flight customer computer files to catch any possible problems that could occur with production and billing.
• Coordinated the flow of projects through production, from pickup to delivery.
• Made sure all jobs were delivered on time according to customer specifications and expectations.
• Kept customers informed of project status and billing.Freelance Production and Design
Painting Blog: www.susansterleblog.com
Facebook Page - Sterle Creative
Owner and manager of the online store: www.GWCrafts.com
MEMBER - Rotary Club of Temple – 85 member club
Club President 2009-2010 Rotary Year
Committee Chair – Bloomin’ Temple Tour fundraiser 2011, 2009 Co-chair 2008
Committee Chair – Spaghetti Supper Fundraiser 2003
Committee Chair – Feast of Sharing 2002
Board Member2003-2006 2009-2011
Railroad and Heritage MuseumServed on the Task Force 2003 – 2005
Railroad and Heritage Museum Board of Directors
Temple Chamber of Commerce Chamber Member 1998 - 2008
Committee Co-Chair - 2001 Annual Awards Banquet
Committee Chair - 2002 Annual Awards Banquet
Business Networking Breakfast - 2002 Co-Chair 2003
Business Networking Breakfast - Committee Chair
Total Resource Campaign One of the top five producers in 2005
2003 Fund Raising Banquet Served on the Committee for the Temple
College Mary Alice Marshall Building
Barclay Arts Contest, 2006
2nd place painting in animal category, oil on canvas.
3rd place painting in portrait category, oil on canvas.
Military Child Education Coalition
McLane Advanced Technologies
Leading Edge Brands
Stillwater Custom Homes
Scott & White Memorial Hospital
First State Bank
First Community Title
ICED – Kwik Kopy Franchise (Cypress, Texas)
Beach & Clark Inc.Elbert Aldrich,Inc.
DTG Sales – Electri-Chef Grills
Corporate Facilities Management Services
HOMESPEC Real Estate Inspections
Cultural Activities Center
Salado Lions Club
Smetana & Associates
Smurfit Stone Container
TAREI – Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors
Temple Chamber of Commerce
Temple Civic Theatre
Temple College Foundation
Temple Independent School District